Monday, May 30, 2011

my birthday cake

Can we talk about the fact that this deliciousness was my birthday cake?


It's called a Pistachio Petit-Four Cake, and it's from Smitten Kitchen. I love that it solves my biggest problem with petit-fours (their incredibly small size). I love that it was light and fluffy, the perfect end to a big meal. I love that it was coated in chocolate ganache (and came with a travel container of extra chocolate ganache for me to eat later). And I love that Thomas hand crafted and hand painted the gorgeous marzipan flours that topped the cake. 

I also love that both Thomas and I made birthday cakes for each other from the same cookbook (Sky High: Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes). I'm pretty sure this was just as a fantastic coincidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment